Skip to main content
Microsoft profile picture

ZYBRAXIS

*Edited a year ago

Assistance Requested - Desktop Computer

zybraxis Hi, I have a on going, project and on 4-22-20, I hope to have the final components to my endeavor of constructing my new desktop computer. I have resisted the urge to start the assembly, since I have already acquiring most of the parts. I am astounded at the possibilities, given what potential the items I have amassed, when assembled, entail. I would appreciate, any input as to something pertinent, to the pre-assembly. Materials: 1 - i9-9900K processor - Thermal Paste 1- ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming mobo SATA 6Gb/s 4 - G.SKILL ( Ripjaws V ) DDR4-3600 16GB 1.5v Intel XMP 2.0 Ready 1 - CPU >Cooler Master HYPER 212 Black Edition 4 pipe. ~ Better to return the air cooled and go with the water cooled? 2 - EVGA - Nvidia GEFORCE GTX 1070 Ti 8GB GDDR6 - RTX Enabled - DirectX 12 They come with jumpers, but are they the right SLi coupler for linking the GPU's? 2 - Samsung V-NAND SSD 860 Evo 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 1- WD HDD 1TB w/SATA 64MB Cache 1- WD HDD 250 GB 1- Seagate HDD 500 GB 1- Seagate HDD 320 GB I have several config. for setting up vhd Raid etc... but any preferences vs Cloud DB I am tempted to obtain 1- EXPRESS M.2 PCI, Should it be a 3D-NAND? For start up, it need not be big, right? 1 - COUGAR Panzer Max Black ATX Full Tower Gaming Computer Case, I haven't ever set up a case, so if any addon I should be concerned with getting or other considerations ? 1 - Thermaltake SMART SERIES 650W Power supply ~ How much would it be to my advantage, to get a 1200W? Tips on setting the processor, torx on the cooler or other possible mega-fails. A MOBO is a terrible thing to waste when they can so easily corrupted or bricked. 1 - 2 Bay Dock