Skip to main content
Microsoft profile picture

jerry layde

4 months ago

Being colored blind and enjoying electronics

I have loved being involved in then lifestyle of being online. I started in the 70's with Oscopes and Ham Radio. CB's with Sideband was just a mode of experimenting in getting more out of what you had on hand. It is and was enjoyable to tweek and make things Bigger and Better. To make things even more of a challenging situation... I'm colored blind and can only hear about 45% out of my left ear. The right has been deaf since birth. In my time it was all tubes. Diodes and Triodes Ect. Numbers were on everything to identify the type of item you were looking for. Then tubes were gone. Everything went to a color based system. Since then.... My life has become a bit of a challenge to stay involved. Ended up losing my Ham Radio enjoyment as well as my building new things to enhance the genre. Be working on MicroSoft Programs and coding since the days of the Tandy programs. Loved the MSDOS Days. I AM TRYING TO KEEP IN THE LOOP... It is getting tougher for the old hard core Dreamers and lovers . The big change was the Pentium. I spent a wad getting the P-60... My goodness it was a dream come true. Win. 95 Blew my mind and almost cost me a wife. No Color, sound but pre enjoyment., Used it for business since the 90's. Even in gaming on or offline. Is there a way to keep me in the loop?