Skip to main content
Microsoft profile picture

Sandman192

*Edited 3 months ago

Clean Install and still running into problems.

When ever Windows came out I run into problems on the regular. Every Clean install is from a CD or USB and I downloaded it that day. I just downloaded on 4/2/21. After 2 days of running it becomes unstable. How? 1. I run a program called BOINC "the reason I run it 24/7". And the Project it's running is Asteroids@home for GPU work. Windows runs fine for nearly 2 days and then my computer is laggy. After I suspend all GPU work... It's fine. After restarting my computer and start running the SAME GPU work. It's fine now. That's not all... 2. Taskbar crashes, well... disappears and reappears and some programs that run in the background that put icons on the bottom right are not running "meaning not there anymore. It loves taking out EVGA Precision X, X OC, X 16 of any version. 3. Can't lower resolution lower then 4K. When lowing it from Windows settings is says it's at 1080 but my TV still says 4K. Games can't lower it either. Gams that don't support it I can't play "exp: Bejeweled 3". It did for a while on older versions of Win 10. 4. HDR does or doesn't work. I have an HDR TV. Certain games will enable HDR? Even though the game doesn't support HDR. 5. Devices randomly disconnect and reconnect because I hear the audio prompt and/or popup notice. 6. Keyboard stop working in Feedback Hub but backspace works just fine. After switching from Sticky Notes to Feedback Hub it started working again and it did it again. It's been 4 days now. The only thing I didn't do is install a Windows 10 DVD drivers that came with the MoBo. To see if that was the issue. No. X99 MoBo P.S. On another computer on an HP all in one here APU video drivers stopped running and had to reinstall it to get it back up and running. I wondered why the back light would not go out.