Skip to main content
Microsoft profile picture

Michael Venegas

2 months ago

Having Bluetooth issues :(! Anyone else?

After the last windows update two of my Bluetooth headsets will no longer connect to my computer. We are also having issues on a brand new laptop that we bought and a new Bluetooth mouse not connecting as well. On my laptop I went through all of the fixes and I even preformed a clean install on my laptop and no affect. I reached out to Microsoft on Feedback hub and this is the message I received. "TL:DR; Thanks for reporting this problem to us; we're working on it. Try the troubleshooter (if you haven't already) http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=785321 This feedback (audio doesn't work) is the top issue we are tracking, and we're focusing a lot of effort on trying to fix it. One of the challenges with audio on Windows is it is a complex system with a lot of moving parts; there are a lot of things that can break. Depending on what breaks, different things might happen. You might get an error message; there might be a crash; things might get stuck; or you might even be in a situation where everything LOOKS like it's working, but yet no audio comes out. There's a multitude of different things we're looking at, finding problems with, coming up with fixes for, coming with workarounds for, doing preventive maintenance on, etc. – but this type of issue often doesn't have a simple fix. While we continue to work on this, we'll be keeping an eye on this feedback and your comments, to see if we're doing a good job. In the meantime, here are some of the specific things we're working on:" Plus some other B.S. on how to update drivers and turning on bluetooth which I had already done multiple times. Don't launch things until you know it works. My next computer will be a Mac.