Skip to main content
Microsoft profile picture

mohammed rahmany

a year ago

HELP..-files locked after updating windows7 to windows10

I recently updated my windows 7 to windows 10. Realised my google drive folder, in window.old (that has been carried in from windows 7) seem to be encrypted, it has a lock sign. I have tried decryption it by various methods available, nothing seems to work, (changed security attribute, changed ownership, tried command prompt decryption) however no luck :( . The folder was not synced with the cloud hence a lot of files in the folder were sitting on my local drive. Now I can't access them at all. I understand window.old folder will automatically delete after 30 days, and I have about 10 days left to get access to these otherwise all may be deleted. Any help to rescue these would be much appreciated. Note: 1- I had backed up this folder on my external hard drive, and have realised the same issue appearing on the external hd. 2- This particular folder is google drive folder, however it wasn't synced as the capacity was exceeded. I hope the issue is understandable, and I hope someone will have solution on this as I am completely exhausted trying to recover these work files.