Skip to main content
Microsoft profile picture

Jason Tan

2 years ago

How to disable the appearance "open file" dialog

I am running some automation process of deploying image and automate download using vbs scipting. Things work find in Windows 7 but when it comes to windows 10, the automated process (from VBS script) was being halted by the dialog/windows box "how do you want to open files" with the checkbox "always use this app to open .vbs files". As the image having visual studio 2005 installed, the windows keep pop up asking whether choose Windows based script host to run, or using visual studio to run. I've tried several method to inject and set windows based script as default program to run vbs script, but the windows of asking which program to run still appearing. Here's what I have done: 1. set value in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.vbs\OpenWithList result : windows/dialog box still appear Is there any other registry value which represent the checkbox value of "always use this app to open .vbs files"? Or in short, I want to inject the registry value to set Windows base script host as default program to run vbs script and eliminate the appearance of the dialog box, so that it won't affect my automated process.