Skip to main content
Microsoft profile picture

Airbus A300

6 months ago

How to get written permission from Microsoft

I have converted some of my Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002 aircraft for Microsoft Flight Simulator X and would like to know how I can get permission from Microsoft to distribute these files. I do not want to break the company law and the airplanes require a Microsoft product (flight simulator x) to run it. It would be a great start for my company if I could distribute these files online as Flight Simulator 2002 is in limited availability and many more people have Flight Simulator X and I know some who would enjoy it. I have purchased legal copies of many Microsoft products over the years (windows 2000, Windows XP, Office 2003, Office 2010, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and even Windows 10, Xbox One, Flight Simulator for Windows 95, Flight Simulator 98, Flight Simulator 2000, Flight Simulator 2002, Flight Simulator 2004, Flight Simulator X and Flight Simulator 2020) I feel like it is not too much to ask for to get written permission to publish one modified aircraft for virtually the same software. I do not plan to profit from it.