Skip to main content
Microsoft profile picture

Christopher Beech

a year ago

I can't activate Windows 10 after hard drive switch.

I was given this desktop computer by a kind person in my community, and I pulled the original hard drive and gave it to them for thier security and installed a new one myself. I then installed Windows 10 from a copy that my old boss at a local computer shop provided me for free, no product key of course though. I installed the Windows 10 Pro OS and tried to get it activated so I could use the wide range of features available once activated but failed to get it done before it went limited setting. I recently spoke with a kind microsoft rep. online about another issue and brought up my issue with activation he gave me a screenshot and link for an accessibilities options for people with disabilities program that was over but assured me that I fit all the criteria nessessary to get my copy of Windows 10 activated free but I've had nothing but headaches and redirects that have consumed many hours of my time to no avail! I'm on a very fixed income and require activation for my O/S ASAP! Can anybody assisst me in finding a way to access this program and get actived please the limited mode is extemly frustrating to use the link I was given is- https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility/windows10upgrade. Thank You!