Skip to main content
Microsoft profile picture

Pietro Giunta

*Edited 3 months ago

I had a work PC configured, then Microsoft forced an update

Hi, I would like to ask a Microsoft Manager, (any department will do), how would you feel after you find that your working PC is not working anymore, while you have a customer in front of you waiting to start a recording session he paid for. I have a DAW, configured with 3 monitor and one professional Dante audio interface. I run a recording studio. My work is to record musician sessions in a dynamic way, following and inspiring artists to focus on creativity and music, not on technology. Today I had to cancel the session, a band that arrived from abroad, because the last Windows update left my system in a non operative status. I am working hard to recover the technical situation, but I think I have lost a customer. They asked me: why you do not use MAC? I decided to use Windows because I was curious to see if the belief that Mac OS is better for professional recording studio was correct. I gave Microsoft credit. But, this is the third time I have this problem. It is not acceptable. I will update (should I say upgrade) the systems to Mac, but as a short term solution I have to reconfigure the DAW. Do you know what I have to do to reconfigure my system and how long it will take me? I will tell you. Read the following log. 1. AMD Radeon HD 7770 Ghz Edition - driver gone - I had to reinstall - 40 minutes 2. wrong resolution on display n.2 (LG ultrawide HDMI) - 10 min. 3. three desktop - on the display n. 1 I have icons of the previous n. 2 / on display 2 there is nothing / on disp. 3 a mess - 20 min. 4. The color management is gone! I had to run Spider5Express on 3 monitors to recalibrate the colour - 1 hour and 30 minutes 5. Audio: reconfiguration I will continue later... but... Gentleman, my feeling now is that my DAW is not really mine! Microsoft have the control on my belonging. I pay for something that I have to disconnect physically from Internet otherwise I can not avoid updates? This is unacceptable and ridiculous.