Skip to main content
Microsoft profile picture

John S

10 months ago

Microsoft You're Confusing me Again!

It's a well know fact that Microsoft has pulled way back from the consumer market to primarily focus on Enterprise. That's ok, for us consumers will benefit with this move, and already have with the change from Office 365 to Microsoft 365. What's got me confused now though is all of this talk about Microsoft wanting to first buy ByeDance's, Tik Tok venture into the U.S., and now there is talk that Microsoft is looking at buying the global works? Huh? My first question would be why. Given that Microsoft has no real track record in this type of media that I can discern it doesn't make any sense, at least not to me. Sure they (Microsoft) own Yammer and Linked In, but those are in a whole different league. Second reason it doesn't make sense, is that the recent realignment of Microsoft confirmed once again the direction they are continuing on even stronger in the enterprise arena. I see Microsoft doing this in part because they recognize the threat that Google is making with the Sheets, Docs and Slides, Chrome Book, etc. Those have come a long way over the years, and they (Google) are really trying to play catchup to Microsoft Azure, and Amazon Web Services, Heck Microsoft is trying to catch up to Amazon as well.... LOL If you're interested you can read the internal email here: https://www.thurrott.com/windows/windows-10/238762/windows-rocked-by-major-reorg Just a little food for though on what 's going to be another scorcher here in the Desert South West,