Skip to main content
Microsoft profile picture

Anne Budd

a year ago

On-line Shopping ๐Ÿ˜‰

Whilst we have all been on lockdown (except for front-line workers bless them๐Ÿ™) have your online shopping transactions significantly increased, remained the same or even decreased? I have been an online shopper for several years which I find so convenient and cost-effective. Since lockdown though, I have used the 'Amazon' platform more than I had originally anticipated even taking into consideration the difficulties of lockdown. Here in the UK during the first few weeks of the pandemic, supermarkets experienced panic buying by many, many customers resulting in stripped shelves and getting a delivery slot was very difficult ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜ฎ. Thankfully supermarket shopping delivery slots are much easier to book. But I had to resort to doing more virtual food shopping and found a source form a pub in a near-by village. ๐Ÿฅ›๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿฅฌ๐Ÿฅฆ๐Ÿฅ” Restrictions in England are being lifted slowly and non-essential retail shops will be permitted to re-open on June 15th. I have to wonder though, whether shoppers in general will return to the High Street/Main Street in the numbers prior to the pandemic. The retail sector has suffered significant losses and several large department stores have gone into administration. Do you think that the pandemic has fundamentally changed the way we will shop in a post-pandemic world? For myself, I think it has. I find on-line shopping so very convenient - even buying printer cartridges and other desk essentials was easier than trooping to the retail park. I think MS/Windows/Skype et al had made my daily life much easier - thank you to all the teams. Now I can shop around the world, hold virtual meetings, keep in contact with friends and come to this platform any time of the day/evening. So cool ๐Ÿ˜Ž Many thanks to all MS teams. Views? Many thanks all and keep well ๐Ÿ˜Š