Skip to main content
Microsoft profile picture

Alan Yurkovic

*Edited 5 months ago

Outlooks on outlook, notes on Note

I need two pieces of guidance as wading through documents and pages is not giving me any confidence about Outlook. (1) Like I have had with Google/Gmail, can I add any number or at least say up to 5 or less extra accounts under my MS account? This issue sort of links to my second piece below because I am not sure how MS accounts work with what seems to be two distinct MS "accounts" with apps, etc. More on that below. What I want to do is what I had in Gmail and I am moving over to MS from Google. I have an blahblah@outlook.com email I see in the MS Office Outlook app. I IMAP my current Gmail and created PST folder files. What I really need most is another blahblahblah@outlook.com per se account. Like in Gmail I have AAA@gmail.com and AAB@gmail.com. Can I do this without buying another subscription? (2) I saw articles on using Outlook.com versus Outlook 365. I do not see the same things so apparently they are different, but why. Should my blahblah@outlook.com be seen in both? I use the 365 app as I pay for that anyhow. Outlook.com I assume if from my original account signup??! This is confusing and feeling trapped as I have with OneNote 2016 versus OneNote 365 and no way to combine them short of geek city. (3) I forgot to mention a third, so is there any way possible to change my MS Account ID from (no laughs now) blahblah@gmail.com? I mean I have no need now for any Google garb so is there a way short of canceling my current subscription under the Gmail ID and opening up another, same subscription details, but using my blahblah@outlook.com as the ID?? The only thing working that I get pretty much between subscriptions and Office versus .com versus app versus ???? is OneDrive. I can see that sync from W10 desktop and my iPhone. I can use OneDrive.com and use the app, it all works. Why doesn't OneNote work that well? Does Outlook work like that? Thanks for the help in advance. Such a Blah conversation. Alan