Skip to main content
Microsoft profile picture

John S

*Edited 4 months ago

Pinning Websites

I'm sure some of you may have noticed, while others may have not, but you can no longer pin websites to the start screen, even by pinning it to your taskbar and dragging to your start screen, it can no longer be done. I've been aware of this, and have working around it, but after this last update....... ok, well we'll leave it at that... I was chatting with Microsoft Tech support this afternoon, and after I finally got them to try and pin a web site to their start screen, they admitted they couldn't do it either. Funny though they had a work around? So here's the work around, and it involve Google Chrome! Open the website you want to pin to your Windows 10 Start Screen in Google Chrome. Yea, you read that right! Once your website is open, click on the three dots located in the upper right hand corner. Scroll down until you sees More Tools. Hover over that and choose Create Shortcut... a pop up will appear where you name your shortcut, and here is where it gets important! You need to check the box that says Open as Window, then click create. Now go back to your start screen and under recently added apps you will see your recently added website. There is one last step. With it there you will not be able to move it around. So while it is in the Recently Added Apps right click and choose Pin to Start Menu. Voila! You're done, and your websites are now back on your start screen. Let's do hope that the boys and girls in Redmond fix this!