Skip to main content
Microsoft profile picture

Stephen Livingstone

5 months ago

Problem Printing Word Document

l have been printing the same word document for years with no trouble. It still prints from my old laptop HP OMEN with Windows 10, to my old printer HP Envy7640. I have just tried to print the same document from a surface go 2 in Windows 10 s mode, using word to my HP Envy 7640. It won't print. Word says there is an error with my margins. quick fix is to print as PDF file then print the PDF file using my HPsmart App to my printer. Anyone know why the file won't print normally from word on the surface go 2? I know word uses the printer driver to work out margins but could this error be anything to do with s mode? Apart from that the surface go 2 is brilliant. I am using the basic model and so far it handles all my basics well. Good job Microsoft: Wish I had one of these at school in the 60's. Wouldn't it be great if every school could give one of these to everyone at school. I'm actually writing this with a pen just like I did before l left school. The more we advance the more we stay the same.