Skip to main content
Microsoft profile picture

David Jolley

5 months ago

programs shutting down after deleting o other older version

I just have a lot of stuff and programs that have worked flawlessly on my PC . Its a Dell inspiron 1500... have never up graded to windows 10 as I haven't had the need. I downloaded several new files ontop of of an existing program, usually updates files into the existing software. This software is a proven working software for many of us in the Amateur Radio community. so they are proven and have no issues around the world. What I did was delete several older versions of the program and now when I try to bring up any of the newer versions , it comes up fine then tanks. The only way I can get the software to work in any way is to go back to earlier versions.. Just perplexed. I have tried with administration logging into the program ect... Just anything of Help would be appreciated. I am a Area Emergency coordinator and do tons of emergency nets, the only other option is to just reload windows and start over... In my opinion that would be the last choice HELP thanks The software is called FLDIGI and latest versions are 4.1.15 or later I can run 4,0,08.