Skip to main content
Microsoft profile picture

Paul Chou

a year ago

SFC scan found corrupt files and has repaired them

hi there: I found a weird issue. This happened since 1903. I don't know if anyone of you has faced it or just me but will show you. It is regards to the sfc scan. When did the scan, the result will state: Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them. Now, I use the DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth command to fix it. Meaning, to get the sfc scan to say: Windows Resource Protection found no integrity violations. Maybe when I shut down the device and restart the device later or use it the next day and do the sfc /scannow, it will say: Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them. I think there is a bug in the scan. 1st, when my device does not have issues, it should not say, Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them. 2nd, when the results states: Windows Resource Protection found no integrity violations, it should stay that way, unless there are really corrupt files and has been repaired. Can someone let the team know about it?