Skip to main content
Microsoft profile picture

Helene Guilfoy outlook

10 months ago

Sticky Notes Insights not working as web site shows

I love the new version of Sticky Notes and how it interfaces with all of my devices. I use it constantly! But I haven't been able to completely use Insights. Here's my notes from the FAQs for Sticky Notes. I am using a Surface Pro 4 (OS build 18363.1016) and Surface GO (OS build 19041.450) and Sticky Notes 3.7.142.0 Does anyone have a similar experience? Did you resolve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-notes-faq/b9018fdd-41ba-41c2-ba0f-5d2a45ab5ceb?LastReply=true#LastReply What insights are currently supported and how do I enable them in Sticky notes? A: Here are some tips for creating insights: WORKS Type a phone number with dashes to make a call with Skype. DOESN'T WORK Flights are best recognized with both the airline code and the flight number, such as BR26 DOESN'T WORK Stocks are recognized only when the ticker symbol is preceded with a dollar sign, such as $MSFT. DOESN'T WORK Cortana reminders can be created when times are recognized, like 6pm, today, tomorrow, Saturday, next week, July, etc. Once a time is recognized, click Add Reminder. Start a list of items with bullets, dashes, or numbers to have it formatted as a list, which you can then modify, move around, and change the order of list items. WORKS Type an email address to see the option for sending email. WORKS Type a web address (URL) to see the option to open it in a browser. WORKS Type in a full (physical) address to see it on a map. Q: Why are insights not working? How do I turn on insights? A: Insights are only available in the English (United States) Windows keyboard display language at this time, with more languages coming soon. This is found in Settings > Time & Language > Region & language > Languages > English (United States) Windows display language. I HAVE MY LANGUAGE SET TO ENGLISH AS REQUIRED. SINCE SOME OF THE INSIGHTS WORK THIS DOESN'T APPEAR TO BE THE PROBLEM BUT WANTED TO DO ALL TROUBLESHOOTING BEFORE ASKING FOR INPUT FROM THE COMMUNITY.