Skip to main content
Microsoft profile picture

Malcolm Bacchus

7 months ago

Still errors on upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7

slow progress as I do backups everytime I try something new and they take a few hours. But to recap - was getting the C1900101-40017 error. Have tried: running windows update repeatedly; updating all third party drivers; unplugging all hardware except the keyboard, mouse, graphics card and monitor; checked for device manager errors (none); removed third party security software; done a chkdisk (no errors); clean restarted into Windows with all non-MS services disabled; done a DISM repair (no integrity violations). The last suggestion was to upgrade the BIOS which I have also now done then repeated all the above and run upgrade as a clean restart. It has made a difference. Before I was getting a C1900101-40017 error NOW I am getting a C1900101-30017 at the same point. There seems no different advice on how to resolve this on the web or here. So any more suggestions other than the ones I have tried. 5 years now, off and on, I have tried to upgrade without success. I really need to because some of the features I ant to use in Excel are now only available in Windows 10. Surely it should not be this difficult?