Skip to main content
Microsoft profile picture

Oracle

a year ago

The Continuing Hardware Mystery

Perhaps there is a sleuth within our community who can shed a light on a vey peculiar issue. Background:-I have a HP Touchsmart 300 (All-In-One} bought in 2009 - operating system Windows 7 Home Premium. Naturally I jumped at the opportunity to upgrade to the new Windows 10 in 2015. Yes I am aware that my HP 300 is 10 years old and that some of the issues may be put down to age, however It has been well maintained and is still in perfect physical condition so I am hesitant to say age has caused certain devices/hardware to stop functioning. In a nutshell after an Insider Preview update a device/hardware suddenly no longer works. The first to go was the microphone array and to date this no longer works and I had to install a external device. Other devices/hardware that suddenly stopped working which I thought was linked to the sound problem although the sound problem is now resolve. Sound issue resolved after further insider updates. At the moment I have to continually change the display drivers after each Insider update back to the original agreed Microsoft/AMD 2015 drivers which work perfectly with my display hardware. The new drivers they install each time they update OS results in a display out of focus, stretched and overall it looks very dull and wrong. The resolution is far lower than the capabilities of the display. Has anyone else encountered the above issues or perhaps have an explanation?