Skip to main content
Microsoft profile picture

Mary Murphy

5 months ago

windows 20 h2 update

this is the craziest way to get updates for new versions. I tried a month agao to update to the 20H2 update and all I accomplished is a messed up computer i had to have a complete reinstall because after the ypdat i had multiple errors had Clsid errors on task manger , event viewer MMC. could not install or run support assist or quick assist could not open or run windows powershell or quick assist. I have version 1909 because that what was piut in in the reinstall I m not getting any updstes at all mu update history is blank. the last updast was 0n 14 adobe acrobat. yet when i hit the check for updtes i get the 20h2 update and say p to date with green box so wht gives. I was told windows 10 was so great not if you have to almost do an upgrade and lose aposs features programs and have multiple errors. I have been in contact with a microsoft tech and they say we will walk you through it . Like that helps i ma not a computer expert and understand the lingo and what to do. Walking me through it instead of remotely connecting and help in is like dropping me off in a foreign coutry and expecting me to know the language immediately. I have to say that the way to get new version updates is really not good give me back 7 any day. 10 is really not all that great in my opinion. I may just stay with 1909 and and just say the heck with the up grade . i am truely afrid to take this on myself because i do not want to kjeep having to go to a ech geek Squad or dell to have my operating system reinstalled every time. This new wy to up get new versions to me sucks sorry for the language . Please can someone help me either do it for me or not walk me throuh it . i have gone to delll geeksquad on line and they all say the same thing we will walk you through it that is the wrong way to do things