Skip to main content
Microsoft profile picture

Am John

*Edited 2 months ago

Windows randomly starts failing

About once a day now I will be playing a game or watching a show and windows will start to fail. If I am playing a game my controller will cutout and my audio or sometimes my voice may start cutting out on discord instead and no one can hear me any longer and my stream will close. If I try to open any programs they do not. In this state I can only interact with random already open programs. If I try to move a currently open program at the bottom of the screen it creates a strange fading cascade effect. The only way I have found that I can fix it thus far is through a full restart of my PC. This may also be an entirely incorrect observation but it seems to do this not too long after I close the game I am playing. Any suggestions? For some hardware information I have a custom build. 32 gigs of ram 3600 MHZ 2 TB SSD (this one contains windows) 1 TB SSD Aorus x570 ultra motherboard 5600x AMD processor EVGA 850 gold rated PSU GPU 1060 6 GB I have tried SFC scannow in the command prompt with no errors being found I have seen some things about windows running out of memory. How could I check that?